- Determine who you’d like to gift, make a short list of 5-10 people who are truly meaningful in your life.
- Purchase a packet of beautiful greeting cards (blank inside). (Choose individual cards if you prefer)
- Plan a 2-hour period when you have the space and time to be creative – make the time!
- Choose a comfy spot, by the fire or in a window-seat. Grab a cup of tea, or glass of wine, a pen and notebook. List one person per page. Write down a few of your favorite memories, funny stories, and happy moments about each person on their page. Think about how knowing this person has impacted your life. What have you learned from them that you now share with others? How might your life be different if you’d never met them? Set up your page like a mind-map if you like, by putting their name in the center and then satellite the words, ideas and memories around them. Use colored pens – go crazy.
- Once you have a comprehensive story for each person on your list, you are ready to compose your notes. From what you’ve written, identify the gifts you have received as a result of knowing this person. Use bullet points to summarize if that feels right. Let you heart guide you from a place of gratitude about how they have impacted your life. For example:
When I think of you, I can’t help remembering the smell of your kitchen, pies in the oven, your beautiful table, and your welcoming embrace. From you, I’ve learned patience and compassion. You inspire me to speak from my heart and to celebrate the good in everyone. My life is richer because of you and I wanted to share my gratitude.
This card is my way of saying thank you for being such a wonderful part of my life. You have inspired me to be true to myself and to honor my heart.
Notice you are sharing how you have been impacted by them. You’re not telling them how they are or what you think of them. This is an important distinction. Often it is hard for people to receive compliments, kindnesses, and even love. So tell them how your life feels as a result of knowing them. Write your message out first, and edit out any references to, “you are, or you do, or you have,” before transferring it to the card.
I offer workshops and coaching that combines fun and creative activities that will increase your ability to enjoy yourself and those around you. For a free Discovery session, email me today.